March 5, 2011

I feel nutty, oh so nutty, I feel nutty and cocoy and chewy!

Listed on the "good things on the net" section of this blog's sidebar is the blog Mennonite Girls Can Cook. Occasionally I check in with them to see what scrumptious recipe they've (it's a small group of women) posted for the day. Today was a day to check in. Glad I did!

This morning I had the hankering to have cookies in the cookie jar before My Darling Husband arrived home from an overnight campout with some men from church. Today's featured recipe, Coconut Crisps, appeared to fit the bill.In my version, I used unsweetened coconut, so I could've reduced the salt just a tiny bit, but the end result was still quite acceptable. I also used an ice cream scoop to produce uniform-sized cookies; mine were big and therefore yielded fewer cookies than stated in the recipe. These cookies are good. They are a mouthful of sweet, salty, coconut and chewy oatmeal all at once...a medley of sensations. They make an excellent companion to coffee.

2 comments:

  1. Glad it worked out for you. Thank you for your comment on MGCC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything with coconut is goooood!

    ReplyDelete